Pricing & FAQs
What questions do you have about KickSmart Swimming?
What age should I start my child in swim lessons?
- You are never too young or old to start swimming! We teach as young as 18 months old, using playful techniques for water acclimation and safety skills. Each stage of child development requires different techniques and tools.
- With our adolescent, teenage and adult learn to swim students, we love teaching about the science of swimming and aqua dynamics. All of these techniques help engage the swimmers and help them fully understand how their body moves in the water.
How long will it take for me or my child to learn to swim?
- There is no definite time in which you or your child will learn how to swim. It will depend on the swimmer’s desire, abilities and confidence. Some swimmers take to the water right away and pick up skills very quickly. Others are very hesitant, but with patience will learn the same skills in a slightly longer period of time.
What is an Endless Pool?
- An Endless Pool is a small swimming pool with an adjustable current for swimmers to swim against, and is sometimes referred to as a treadmill for swimmers. The adjustable level of difficulty makes an endless pool suitable for people at all levels of swimming abilities.
- Our pools are 3.5 to 4 feet deep.
How long is each lesson?
- Most private and semi-private lessons are 30-minutes. Some of our clients choose for a 60-minute lesson if they are competitive swimmers or travel from a distance.
How are you able to work with people who have unique needs?
- We always say that every person has unique needs and ways that they learn. We use tools such as schedules, props, pecs and a lot of patience to help swimmers learn through hearing, seeing and feeling learning styles. Our instructors use tactics to help swimmers stay on task and focus during their lessons.
How do I register for lessons?
- To register, please contact us at 267-218-3798 or info@KickSmartSwimming.com. We will collect your information and coordinate scheduling your lessons with an instructor.
Is there a place for changing at the indoor pool?
- We ask that the swimmer arrive in their bathing suit.
- Each indoor pool has a changing area.
When will I be able to start my lessons?
- We can start your lessons as soon as you and our instructors are available. You work directly with your instructor to customize you scheduled dates and times for swimming.
Should I stay in the pool area during my child's lessons?
- You have the choice to stay in the pool seating area during your child’s lessons. We like our parents to see their child’s progress, but understand some parents may choose not to distract their child during lessons.
What are your COVID safety guidelines?
KickSmart Swimming is committed to taking extra precautions to assure health and safety of our swim families and instructors. The CDC does not consider properly maintained pool water to allow the spread of COVID-19 – they are more concerned about proximity to people. The following are additional precautions KickSmart Swimming is following during the COVID-19 pandemic:
If you or your child has been directly in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID, please let us know immediately so we can assess the situation. As time goes on, we will continue to assess how we are doing with complying with current COVID-19 guidelines. We will want staff and family feedback to ensure we are providing safe and productive swim lessons.
- Our learn-to-swim lessons may require our instructors to be close and/or touch swimmer as we teach.
- Everyone entering our facility must wear a facemask. All instructors will wear face masks during their lessons. Swimmers do not wear masks during their lessons.
- For more advanced swimmers, instructors will coach students from a safe distance when the student has demonstrated strong enough abilities to not need side-by-side support.
- We are actively monitoring the local news regarding COVID-19.
- We are following the latest recommendations from the CDC and USA Swimming.
- We are committed to immediate action and communication to impacted families should we receive word from any of our families of COVID-19.
Why do you only teach private and semi-private lessons?
- It’s proven that lower student to teacher ratio is the best situation for learning. With private and semi-private lessons you can move at your own pace and receive individual attention. Each lesson is customized for your learning style, developmental level and specific needs. In addition, our instructor’s love the bonds they create with their swimmers and their families, which help to build trust and comfort in the water.
- Semi-private swim lessons offer swimmers the opportunity to interact with another swimmers of a similar ability, while still receiving personal attention. Both swimmers are encouraged to observe one another and remain active throughout the swimming lesson. Our families who choose semi-private lessons swim with their siblings, friends or spouses.
How do I pay for lesson?
- We accept cash, check (made out to KickSmart Swimming), Venmo (@Barb-Seiden for KickSmart Swimming) or Zelle (267-218-3798 for Seiden Personal Training)
Where will my lessons take place?
- KickSmart Swimming’s state of the art indoor endless pool facility is located at:
- 739 North Easton Road; Doylestown PA 18902
- During the summers we also teach at home swimming pools in the Central Bucks County and surrounding areas.
Are there any specials if I buy multiple lessons at a time?
- We offer a special of buy 15 lessons and get 1 free with private and semi-private lessons.
Can I request a specific instructor?
- All of our fabulous instructors have years of experience teaching swim lessons. Yet, we know that swimmers can form bonds with their instructor. We do our best to coordinate your schedule with your preferred instructor. There may be times an instructor is unavailable to teach your lesson, so we may offer to have a substitute instructor or reschedule your lesson.
What happens if I can't make a scheduled lesson?
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy – we must receive at least 24-hours notice if you need to cancel or reschedule a lesson. Otherwise there will be a charge for the full cost of the lesson.
- We do our best to reschedule lessons if there is availability, or we can postpone lessons till the following week.
What should I bring with me to my lessons?
- Please bring a bathing suit, towel, goggles and swim diaper (if not completely toilet trained). We have extra goggles you can borrow too! If you or your child have long hair, please pull it back with a hair band.
What are the forms to complete prior to my first swim lesson?
Participant Release Form
COVID 19 Release Form
Participant Information Form
These forms can be found on our website under Contact Us or follow these links: