You are never too young or old to start swimming! We teach as young as 18 months old, using playful techniques for water acclimation and safety skills. Each stage of child development requires different techniques and tools.
With our adolescent, teenage and adult learn to swim students, we love teaching about the science of swimming and aqua dynamics. All of these techniques help engage the swimmers and help them fully understand how their body moves in the water.
There is no definite time in which you or your child will learn how to swim. It will depend on the swimmer’s desire, abilities and confidence. Some swimmers take to the water right away and pick up skills very quickly. Others are very hesitant, but with patience will learn the same skills in a slightly longer period of time.
An Endless Pool is a small swimming pool with an adjustable current for swimmers to swim against, and is sometimes referred to as a treadmill for swimmers. The adjustable level of difficulty makes an endless pool suitable for people at all levels of swimming abilities.
Our pools are 3.5 to 4 feet deep.
Most private and semi-private lessons are 30-minutes. Some of our clients choose for a 60-minute lesson if they are competitive swimmers or travel from a distance.
We always say that every person has unique needs and ways that they learn. We use tools such as schedules, props, pecs and a lot of patience to help swimmers learn through hearing, seeing and feeling learning styles. Our instructors use tactics to help swimmers stay on task and focus during their lessons.
The first step is to complete our information form providing basic information about the swimmer and dates available for lessons.
KickSmart Swimming uses Vagaro software to electronically manage all of our customer appointments, appointment confirmations and reminders, forms, and payments to simplify any administrative processes for our clients.
After completing the initial registration form, and prior to scheduling your first lesson, please download our KickSmart Swimming Vagaro app to register your family (if you have not already done so). The following are directions to help:
Download the Vagaro App
Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vagaro/id536110000
- Download, install and open the Vagaro App. Then tap the Profile icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap Sign up now! to create a new Vagaro account.
- Enter your account information.
- Scroll down and select options for receiving Appointment Reminders and Promotional Emails. Please select to receive email, text and push notifications from us.
- Tap Create Account.
- The process involves verifying your email and mobile phone number for security purposes.
- A 6-digit code is sent to the email address you used. Enter it on the Verify Your Email screen and tap Verify.
- Next, a 6-digit code is sent to the mobile phone you entered. Enter that code on the Verify Your Mobile Phone screen and tap Verify.
- The Account Verified screen displays. Tap Done to complete the signup process.
Add a Child to Your Account
- Select Add Family & Friends.
- Select the relationship with the customer – Select Child.
- Enter first and last names, select a gender (optional), and enter the birthdate. Entering Email and Primary Phone are both optional.
The switch settings work as above except for View This Person’s Appointments. These conditions apply for a Child relationship:
- If the child is 0-17 years old, the switch is ON, and you cannot set it to Off.
- If the child is 18 or older, the switch is OFF.
- If no Birth Date is entered for the child, the switch is OFF.
- Select Save, and your family’s account is complete.
- You will receive two forms to complete for each member within an account
- Liability Waiver
- Participant Information Form
- Please complete and submit forms as soon as you receive them – thank you!
- We ask that the swimmer arrive in their bathing suit.
- Each indoor pool has a changing area.
We can start your lessons as soon as you and our instructors are available. You work directly with your instructor to customize you scheduled dates and times for swimming.
You have the choice to stay in the pool seating area during your child’s lessons. We like our parents to see their child’s progress, but understand some parents may choose not to distract their child during lessons.
- KickSmart Swimming is committed to taking extra precautions to assure health and safety of our swim families and instructors. The CDC does not consider properly maintained pool water to allow the spread of COVID-19 – they are more concerned about proximity to people. The following are additional precautions KickSmart Swimming is following during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Our learn-to-swim lessons may require our instructors to be close and/or touch swimmer as we teach.
- Everyone entering our facility has the option to wear a facemask. All instructors have the option to wear a face masks during their lessons. Swimmers do not wear masks during their lessons.
- For more advanced swimmers, instructors will coach students from a safe distance when the student has demonstrated strong enough abilities to not need side-by-side support.
- We are actively monitoring the local news regarding COVID-19.
- We are following the latest recommendations from the CDC and USA Swimming.
- We are committed to immediate action and communication to impacted families should we receive word from any of our families of COVID-19. If you or a family member has been directly in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID, please let us know immediately so we can assess the situation. As time goes on, we will continue to assess how we are doing with complying with current COVID-19 guidelines. We will want staff and family feedback to ensure we are providing safe and productive swim lessons.
- It’s proven that lower student to teacher ratio is the best situation for learning. With private and semi-private lessons you can move at your own pace and receive individual attention. Each lesson is customized for your learning style, developmental level and specific needs. In addition, our instructor’s love the bonds they create with their swimmers and their families, which help to build trust and comfort in the water.
- Semi-private swim lessons offer swimmers the opportunity to interact with another swimmers of a similar ability, while still receiving personal attention. Both swimmers are encouraged to observe one another and remain active throughout the swimming lesson. Our families who choose semi-private lessons swim with their siblings, friends or spouses.
Each of our 30-minute private swim lessons is $50 and semi-private lessons is $70, and we ask customers to pre-purchase them in groups of four (4) lessons to ease the administrative process ($200 for four private lessons and $280 for four semi-private lessons). We accept:
Payable to KickSmart Swimming
@Barb-Seiden which will show as KickSmart Swimming
267-218-3798 which will show as Seiden Personal Training LLC
- KickSmart Swimming’s state of the art indoor endless pool facility is located at:
- 739 North Easton Road; Doylestown PA 18902
At this time, we only sell our lessons in packages of four at a time.
All of our fabulous instructors have years of experience teaching swim lessons. Yet, we know that swimmers can form bonds with their instructor. We do our best to coordinate your schedule with your preferred instructor. There may be times an instructor is unavailable to teach your lesson, so we may offer to have a substitute instructor or reschedule your lesson.
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy – we must receive at least 24-hours notice if you need to cancel or reschedule a lesson. Otherwise there will be a charge for the full cost of the lesson.
- We do our best to reschedule lessons if there is availability, or we can postpone lessons till the following week.
Please bring a bathing suit, towel, goggles and swim diaper (if not completely toilet trained) Those wearing swim diapers also need a close-fitting waterproof cover over the diaper. We have extra goggles you can borrow too! If you or your child have long hair, please pull it back with a hair band.